Models 5500, 7500 – The Best Low-RPM Vegetable Juice Extractor?
Angelia Juicers are premium quality, all-stainless steel slow juice machines designed and manufactured by a South-Korean based company. The twin gear system uses large, sturdy augers for high crushing power to ensure increased juice extraction from all sorts of produce.Enter your text here...
Two main models are available for home use: the Angelia 5500 and the Angelia 7500 with the only difference that the Model 7500 has an automatic function: if too much produce is added, the unit will automatically dispose of the excess produce it cannot efficiently cope with.
A sleek, gold colored model is also available but the technical features are identical with the two stainless steel models.
Angel Juicer Models Features, Benefits
Method of Juicing: low-speed masticating-style juicing with two augers in 3-step process
Motor power: 3 horsepower grinding force
Revolution speed: 82 rpm
Material: stainless steel (SUS-304) (all parts including the twin gears)
Feed tube: 1.7″ (43.2 mm), round shape
Dimensions (L x W x H):19 1/2″ (495.3 mm) x 7 3/4″ (196.8 mm) x 10 1/2″ (266.70 mm).
Auger size: 8 3/8″ (212.70 mm) long, 2 3/8″ (60.32 mm) diameter
Weight: 24.46 lbs. (12 kg)
Colors: stainless steel, gold
Price range: cc. $950 – $1100.
Warranty: 5 years
Juicing Efficiency of the Juicer – 3-Stage Extraction
Angelia Juicers are a step above from other household juice machines such as Omega, Samson, or Green Star. The two surgical-quality, stainless steel augers are much larger for more efficient and easier juicing of stringy vegetables.
The twin gear mechanism is able to crush the produce with up to 3 HP power, while the augers will rotate at very low speed (82 rpm) to prevent oxidation of vitamins and other live nutrients.
3-Step Juice Extraction – Live Nutrients
Angelia Juicers Juice in 3 stages:
The precision alignment of the two gears, their large size and high quality of material, the powerful motor , the 3-step filter system result in 3-times higher juice yield (according to the manufacturer).
Thanks to the heavy duty augers, the Angelia juicer is able to process even the most fibrous vegetables, crushing the cellulose fibers and cell walls to obtain vitamins, enzymes and other phytonutrients otherwise inaccesible. The result is a rich, dark-colored juice that contains live nutrients in concentrated and easily digestible form.
There’s little foam on top of the juice which is acceptable and doesn’t have effect on the taste of juice or its nutrition value.
The juice can be stored in refrigerator for up to 72 hours with minimal taste and nutrient loss.
What Does the Juicer Juice?
Angel Juicers extracts juice from all sorts of produce:
Although Angel juicers can juice fruits, their biggest strength lies in the high efficiency at extracting juice from greens including wheatgrass, herbs and even pine needles.
Similarly to other auger-type juice machines, Angel juicers can perform other tasks besides juicing:
Pros & Cons at a Glance
Ease of Use
What Can You Juice with it?
Durability of the Juicer
Due to the exceptional quality of materials and full stainless steel construction, Angel juicers are very durable, long-lasting appliances.
The machines are backed by 5 year warranty on motor and 3-year warranty on gears and parts.
Further Features & Benefits of Angel Juicers, Model 5500 & 7500
High Nutrient Content of Juice Obtained with Angelia Juicer – Laboratory Analysis
A laboratory analysis was performed by the Korean Advanced Food Research Institute that compared performance of 4 juicers including the Angelia. The 3 other units included another twin gear juicer, a single gear unit and a centrifugal juicer.
500 mg juice was extracted with each machine and the calcium and magnesium contents were measured:
Twin Gear Juicer
Single Gear Juicer
Test results obtained from Angelia Juicers Official Website.
Using the Angelia Juicer – Assembly, Disassembly, Operation
Before the first use wash and rinse all parts to get rid of dust accumulated during storage
- 1Insert the Driving Gear through the Driving Gear Shaft. Then, push the gear fully into the slot. Make sure the gears are fully seated.
- 2Insert the Free Wheel Gear through the Sub-Shaft – Make sure the gears are fully seated before operating.
- 3Slowly slide the screen housing over the twin gears and push it back.
- 4Push the clamp down to lock the screen housing to the motor base unit.
- 5Place the screen housing cover on the screen housing.
- 6Put the juice container and pulp collector in place (the pulp collector goes at the end of the juicer).
- 1 Plug the power cord into an appropriate electrical outlet.
- 2Press the Main Power (red) button – power indicator light turns red.
- 3Start the juicer by pressing the “Start” button.
- 4 Start adding small portions of produce guiding it down the chute with the pusher.
Tips for Efficient Juicing With the Angelia Juicer
- 1When you finished juicing press the On button to turn the machine off
- 2Unplug the power cord from the power cord connector on the rear side of the motor base unit.
- 3Lift the Clamp up to release.
- 4Hold the motor base unit by one hand and pull the Screen Housing out by the other hand.
- 5Carefully pull the Twin Gears out by holding with both hands.
Cleaning the Juicer
Always clean the juicer immediately after use.
- 1Wash all removable parts in warm-lukewarm running water using the cleaning brush and a soft sponge.
- 2Remove fibers stuck on the screen area by using the Screen Cleaning Knife.
- 3Clean the Screen Housing & Twin Gears with the Cleaning Brush under running water: for thorough cleaning insert the cleaning brush into the screen housing and then pull it out by turning clockwise continuously. Repeat this step a couple of times until the inside of the screen housing is clean.
- 4For maintaining the polish dry the parts with a soft towel.
- 5Motor base: wipe the exterior with a slightly damp cloth and dry with a clean towel.
After some time calcium scale may appear on the surface of the machine parts (auger tips). Soak the part in vinegar bath ( vinegar dissolved in some water – if it’s only a thin layer a couple of hours soaking will do, if it’s a thicker layer then let it soak overnight): vinegar loosens the scale deposit and it can be washed away ( a bit of brushing will help).
Parts & Accessories – What Comes with the Angelia Juicer?
Angel 5500 vs 7500 – What’s the Difference?
The only thing the Angel 7500 differs from the Angel 5500 is that it has both automatic and manual reverse function. Model 5500 has only manual reverse; you need to press the Reverse button in case of jamming.
When you feed too much produce through the chute, the Angelia 7500 will automatically switch into reverse action and will try to expel the excess food to protect the motor and gears. The machine will be in the reverse mode until it gets rid off the clogging.
Model 5500 will stop in case too much food clogs the machine. You have to press the Reverse button to solve the problem and be able to continue juicing. Is the automatic reverse function of the model 7500 worth the slightly higher price?
The Angel 7500 estimated price is $1000 – $1100, the Angelia 5500 retails for around: $950 – $1000. In my opinion if you do not try to “rush” the juicer, and add produce in small portions the Angel 5500 will do just fine.
Conclusion – Who Should Buy an Angelia Juicer?
The Angel juicer is ideal for those for whom juicing is a lifelong project and want to have a dependable, sturdy machine that extracts extra high levels of the produce’s juice and nutrient content.
If you plan to juice mainly fruits, carrots and beets then you’d better off with a less expensive single gear juicer (Omega 8004/8006)or even a good-quality centrifugal juicer (Omega Big Mouth, Breville, L’Equip 215 XL, Acme).