Breville Ikon Froojie Juicer, Model BJE520 – Review
With the Breville Ikon Froojie Juicer you can make delicious fruit juice smoothies at home. This attractive fruits juice and froojie maker by Breville lets you prepare your own fresh fruit drinks without excess sugar, colorings and presrevatives. The best thing about the Breville Ikon Froojie Juice Fountain is that it is easy to use and clean. The Breville BJE520 Froojie Juicer is designed in Australia and manufactured of the highest quality of materilas and with precision to ensure reliable, problem-free machine life for many years.
Breville Ikon Froojie Juicer - Detailed Benefits & Features
The Froojie disc leaves much of the pulp in the juice making it creamier and rich in fiber that is beneficial for the digestive system. When you use the Froojie Disc always set the machine on low speed ( level 1 or 2). Do not process hard fruits and/or vegetables with the Froojie disc because it can damge it.
Assmebling the Breville iKon Froojie Juicer
- 1Place the motor base on a flat, dry surface.
- 2Place the filter bowl surround on top of the motor base.
- 3Align the arrows at the base of the juice disc with the arrows on the motor drive coupling and push down until it clicks into place.
- 4Using the Froojie Disc: Place the Froojie™ Disc into the filter bowl surround and onto the motor drive coupling, push down until it clicks into place. Ensure the Froojie Disc is fitted securely inside the filter bowl surround and onto the motor base. Never use Froojie™ Disc without Frooji insert. They must always be used together. Place the Froojie™ Insert into the filter bowl surround, making sure the warning label on the handle is facing upwards.
- 5Put the juicer cover on the filter bowl surround aligning the feed chute in central position.
- 6Secure the safety latch arms in the two grooves on either sides of the juicer cover.
- 7Slide the food pusher down the feed chute by aligning the groove of the food pusher, with the small protrusion on the inside top of the feed chute. Continue to slide the food pusher down into the feed chute.
- 8Place the pulp container at the back of the juicer. There is no need to use pulp container when using Froojie Extractor.
- 9Put the juice jug under the spout (leave the lid on the jug to avoid splatter). You can put the rubebr nozzle on the spout if you prefer to juice into a glass.
- 10Use the speed selector table located on the pulp container for selecting the proper juicing speed.
- 11Press the ‘On/Off’ switch on the control panel to ‘On’. The juicer will start to operate at the selected speed. The speed can be changed at any time during the juicing process by adjusting the variable speed control dial.
Juicing with the BrevilleIkon Froojie Juicer
With the motor running, add food into the feed chute and use the pusher to gently guide food down. To extract the maximum amount of juice, always push the pusher down slowly.
The IkonFrooji Juice Fountain will automatically stop operating if the motor is stalled for more than 10 seconds. This is a safety feature. Either too much food is being processed at one time or the pieces are not small enough. Try trimming food, cutting food into smaller pieces of even size and/or processing a smaller amount per batch.
To continue juicing, reset the Juice Fountain Plus by pressing the ‘On/Off’ switch on the control panel to ‘Off’, switch off at power outlet and remove power cord from power outlet, then clear the feed chute, finally plug power cord back into power point and switch on at power outlet. Turn the appliance back on by pressing the ‘On/Off’ switch to ‘On’.
Cleaning the Breville Ikon Froojie Juicer
It is fairly simple to disassemble the machine. Turn off the machine by pressing the On/Off switch. Always unplugg the unit before starting to disassembling it. make sure the stainless steel filter basket has stopepd rotating and the motor has completely stopped before releasing the safety locking arm to remove the top.
The Froojie Disc & Insert is to be washed by hand but the rest of the parts (filter bowl surround, juice disc, juicer top, jug and lid, pup container) are top shelf dishwasher safe. Wipe the motor base with a slightly damp cloth and dry it well.
Immediately after each use, rinse removable parts in hot water to remove wet pulp and prevent it from getting died on the surface. Allow parts to air dry.
Summary of Pros c Cons of the Breville Ikon Froojie Juice Fountain
Related Articles - Breville Ikon Froojie Juicer
Breville Juicers - main article about breville juice extarctors.
Breville Juice Fountain Elite, 800JEXL - a centrifugal, automatic pulp ejection juicer with 2 speed settings.
Best Centrifugal Juice Machines - Benefits and disadvantages of centrifugal juice extractors, includes recommended brands and models.
Big Mouth Centrifugal Juicers Comparison - find the best-value large feed chute juice machine