Is it Really Good?
Find out why the Breville Juice Fountain Elite 800JEXLis so popular and said to be one of the best juicer in its category.
No doubt, beautiful design and high performance became a trademark of Breville products including its fruits and vegetable juicers.
Main Features & Benefits
The Breville 800JEXL is a fast centrifugal juicer with automatic pulp ejection, powerful motor and all stainless steel parts which make it a very popular juicer machine all over the world.
Pros & Cons at a Glance
- fast juicing, operates at high RPM
- large volume of juice – makes 8 oz. apple juice in 5 secs
- makes smooth, creamy juice
- 2 speed settings for better juice yield
- wide feed chute fits whole produce
- easy to use and clean
- solidly-built appliance, high quality of materials used
- quiet operation
- attractive design
- a bit bulky
- more expensive than other similar juicers
- shorter warranty period as compared to other centrifugal units in its class
This juicer is so quick and efficient in juicing and the sleek stainless steel finish looks so attractive that the Breville Juice Fountain Elite has become Martha Stewart’s favorite juicer.
The Juice Fountain Elite revolutionized juicing with its ability to juice whole fruits and vegetables without having to peel them. The extra-wide, round feed chute (3 inches) reduces preparation time since you don’t need to cut the produce into smaller chunks.
According to the manufacturer, this machine will efficiently juice large pices of pineapple with the rind on.
Another innovation is that the feed chute is positioned directly above the centre of the cutting blade increasing the balance of the machine when juicing whole produce.
- 1000-Watt (1 1/3 horsepower) Motor, Dual Speed for Soft and Hard Produce – The well-engineered Italian-made motor provides for incredibly fast juicing. The Breville 800JEXL Juice Fountain Elite will fill up a 8 oz. glass with delicious fresh fruit and/or vegeatble juice in 5 seconds.
You can choose form 2 speed settings depending on what type of produce you wan to juice:
- slower speed (6500 RPM) for softer fruits and veggies (citrus fruits, tomato, peaches, grapes, melon), including leafy greens,
– high speed (13 000 RM) for firmer produce (apples, celery, beets, pineapple). The speed control switch is located next to the Off button on the side of the base. There are only a couple of other juicer machines that are capable of operating at such a high speed (e.g. the L’Equip Mini Juicer, Model 110.5 runs at 14500 RPM.)
- Extra Wide Feed Tube – Less Preparation Time – the large, round feed chute (3″ in diameter and 7″ long) accelerates the whole juicing process because you can add most produce whole (peeled oranges, apples, tomatoes, carrots) without the extra work of cutting up into smaller pieces. You can feed 3 mid-sized apples or oranges at once. Note: juicing whole fruits or vegetables has its downside: you won’t see if the core of the apple or pear is rotten which can spoil the taste of the whole juice. The feed chute is centered above the blade allowing the juicer to cope with larger quantities of produce without stall or back up.
- Well-built, Sturdy Juicer with sleek stainless steel and metal parts – the produce you’re going to juice will come into contact only with hygenic stainless steel parts.
Robust die cast metal housing made of high-quality aluminium and zinc – the die cast manufacturing process means that the molten metal is molded into the required shape at very high temperatures, resulting in durable, wear-resistant construction that will last for many years even if you use the applaince frequently. The majority of other juicers are made of pressed metal (or plastic) making them less sturdy.
- Titanium-Plated Stainless Steel Disc Cutting Blade combined with 115 conical knives – the disc-shaped cutting blade grinds the produce into finer pieces while the additional conical knives grate the pieces into an even finer pulp that the high centrifugal force pushes against the fine pores of the micromesh filter to effectively obtain the pulp’s liquid content ensuring high juice yield.
- Stainless Steel Micromesh Filter with around 40 000 tiny holes – filters out fruit and vegetable fibre to provide smooth, clean juice that is delicious. Finer pulp by the high-quality cutting system and increased efficiency of filtration results in more juice and drier pulp.
- Safety Locking Arm – this attaches the top securely to the base. When the top is placed onto the Filter bowl surround raise the locking arm and lock it into the grooves on either side of the top so that the arm is in vertical position. The machine cannot be started without the top and the locking arm in place.
- Overload Protection Button – this safety feature prevents overheating of the motor. In case of overload (adding too much produce at once) the button will be automatically activated shutting down the juicer’s motor. If this happens unplug the machine from the power outlet, let it cool down then press the Overload Protection Button on the bottom of the motor base to get it reset and to be able to start juicing again.
- Large Pulp Container (34 oz., cc. 3 liter) with Integrated Grip Handle – the pulp bin has fewer nooks than other that of other juicer’s so it is much simpler to wash up. To reduce cleaning work you can line the container with a plastic bag to catch the pulp. When you finished juicing you simply remove the bag with he pulp in it from the container (you can use the pulp to make dog biscuits for instance).
- Only 4 Parts to Clean – witth he Breville 800JEXL juice extractor you won’t need to do a complicated clean up work since there are only 4 parts to wash (top, filter basket, juice jug, pulp bin) which all are top-rack dishwasher safe.
- The cord wraps around the feet located on the bottom of the base. The power plug has a user-friendly design: it has a grip hole in it so you can pull it out from the outlet easily.
- Warranty: 3 years on motor, 1 years on other parts, a longer warranty period would be better (e. g. L’Equip juicers carry 6 or 12 years warranty).
- Height: 16 1/2″
- Width: 12 1/2″
- Depth: 8 1/2″
- Weight: 14.6 lbs.
Price of the Breville 800JEXL Juice Fountain Elite: it’s available for around $250 – $400. It’s best to look for deals to get a unit at a more favorable price.
The following items come usually with the Breville Juice Fountain Elite:
- 1-liter plastic juice jar with handle and measuring units
- froth separator – this attaches to the juice jar and separates froth from juice when you pour it into a glass.
- lid for the juice jar – placed on top of the jar prevents splattering of the juice.
- cleaning brush
- recipe book
- manual – fairly detailed and includes recipes for juicing
Operating the Breville Juice Fountain Elite 800JEXL Juice Extractor
- When you’ve assembled the juicer (make sure that the lock arm is securely in place) and plugged it in, you start the machine by switching to either low speed or high speed depending on the type of produce you’re going to juice (the manual that comes with the machine contains a table with recommended speed settings for various types of produce).
- For efficient juicing use the provided pusher to gently guide and push the produce down the chute.
- When you finished juicing turn off the machine by pushing the Off button and unplug it from the power outlet.
- Remove the pulp container.
- Grip the Lock Arms on either side of the juicer cover, pull it back and lift it over the grooves, then move it downwards. Now you can remove the juicer cover.
- To access the filter basket, grip the juice spout while holding the jucier base and turn the Filter Bowl Surround.
- Remove the Filter Bowl Surround with the mesh filter basket still in place.
- Take the bowl to the sink and turn it upside down to remove the basket.
Cleaning the Breville 800JEXL Juicer
For easy cleaning rinse all removable parts (bowl, mesh filter, pulp bin, blade) under running water right after every juice job to prevent pulp getting dried on the surfaces. You can do a more thorough washing up in hot soapy water.
The juicer, filter bowl surround, pulp container and the filter basket can be cleaned on top rack of the dishwasher.
For good perfomance of the juicer make sure that the mesh filter basket is cleaned properly. Clean it under running water using a sturdy kitchen brush to remove the finer produce fibre from between the tiny holes.
User Reviews on the Breville Juice Fountain Elite, Model 800JEXL Juicer
Overall owners of the 800JEXL are satisfied with the machine so it received positive reviews and high ratings on online product review sites. Here is a brief summary of and highlights from consumer reviews.
- This is one the most uncomplicated juicing machines that operates flawlessly and makes delicious, creamy juice in a few minutes.
- Cleaning of the Breville 800JEXL is a breeze which is one of the most important benefits since if cleaning of a juicer is complicated, you will not juice regularly. Great for families and busy people since using and cleaning it doesn’t require much time. It can make 1 liter of juice in a minute. The powerful 1000-watt motor ensures that the juicer will process almost all kinds of produce making fresh fruit and/or veggie juice in a nick of time.
- Small, mid-sized apples, pears and other produce can be dropped in whole through the wide mouth saving time on preparation. You can add 3 medium apples or oranges at once (stacked on one another in the chute). It juices a wide range of produce (including hard, fibrous veggies like celery and softer fruits like oranges, peaches, watermelon) with high performance extracting a high level of juice and leaving only dry pulp behind.
- Clean up is pretty easy and the removable parts can be cleaned on the top rack of the dishwasher so using it daily won’t mean hours of washing up.
- Sleek, streamlined design, brushed stainless steel finish makes this unit one of the best looking juicer on the market.
- Despite the powerful motor the juicer is fairly silent.
- Ok, so evidently the Breville 800JEXL is a very good juicer but there’s no perfcet appliance, so what are the most common problems or weaknesses of the Juice Fountain Elite?
- Some users have complained about splattering and spitting of fruit and veggie pieces but it was caused probably by inadequate use rather than the poor design of the juicer.
Conclusion – Is it Worth Buying the Breville Juice Fountain Elite 800JEXL?
The Breville Juice Fountain Elite is one of the best household-grade juciers currently available on the market. It’s as fast and efficient in juicing a wide array of produce as advertised.
Highly recommended for daily juicers due to its straightforward use and ease of cleaning. Great for providing the daily fruit and vegetable intake for kids since juice made with the Breville 800JEXL is pulp-free and tastes delicious so even the pickiest child will love it.
Is There a Better Value Juicer in This Category (High-Speed, Large Feed Chute)?
Although the Breville 800JEXL is a sleek, high perfomance unit you can get an even better one for your money. It is the Omega Big Mouth Juicer that has almost the same convenience features as the Juice Fountain Elite but costs less ($220) and is backed with a longer warranty (10 year on the whole appliance except the blade for which the warranty is 1 year).
Similar Juice Extractors
- L’Equip 215 XL Juicer – a high-quality, fast centrifugal machine with 3″-wide feed chute and long (10 years) guarantee.
Less Expensive Centrifugal Juicers:
- Hamilton Beach Big Mouth Juicers – 800-Watt motor and large round feed chute ensures quick juicing. The best value model is the 67650 with die-cast metal safety latch arms. All models available in larger shops for less than $100.
- Waring Pro JEX450 Big Mouth Juicer – costs a bit more than the Hamilton Beach units (but still under $200) but it comes with 5 year warranty on the motor (1 year on rest of the appliance).
- Juiceman Juicers – well-known from TV ads, out of the several models the 1000-Watt Juiceman Pro compares the best to the Breville 800JEXL.
- Compare Big Mouth Juicers to see which is the best value large feed chute centrifugal juicing machine.