Breville Juice Fountain Elite 800JEXL
Is it Really Good?
Find out why the Breville Juice Fountain Elite 800JEXLis so popular and said to be one of the best juicer in its category.
The Australian-based company, Breville, (today has branches in the US and in the United Kingdom) is becoming a major player in the market of small kitchen applainces (espresso machines, juice extractors, blenders, toasters, grills).
No doubt, beautiful design and high performance became a trademark of Breville products including its fruits and vegetable juicers.
Let’s take a look at the Breville Juice Fountain Elite 800JEXL and learn about its features and benefits and possible weaknesses users have encountered with.
Main Features & Benefits
The Breville 800JEXL is a fast centrifugal juicer with automatic pulp ejection, powerful motor and all stainless steel parts which make it a very popular juicer machine all over the world.
Pros & Cons at a Glance
This juicer is so quick and efficient in juicing and the sleek stainless steel finish looks so attractive that the Breville Juice Fountain Elite has become Martha Stewart’s favorite juicer.
The Juice Fountain Elite revolutionized juicing with its ability to juice whole fruits and vegetables without having to peel them. The extra-wide, round feed chute (3 inches) reduces preparation time since you don’t need to cut the produce into smaller chunks.
According to the manufacturer, this machine will efficiently juice large pices of pineapple with the rind on.
Another innovation is that the feed chute is positioned directly above the centre of the cutting blade increasing the balance of the machine when juicing whole produce.
You can choose form 2 speed settings depending on what type of produce you wan to juice:
- slower speed (6500 RPM) for softer fruits and veggies (citrus fruits, tomato, peaches, grapes, melon), including leafy greens,
TIP: when juicing herbs and other leafy greens with the Breville 800JEXL it’s best to combine them with other, juicier produce.
– high speed (13 000 RM) for firmer produce (apples, celery, beets, pineapple). The speed control switch is located next to the Off button on the side of the base. There are only a couple of other juicer machines that are capable of operating at such a high speed (e.g. the L’Equip Mini Juicer, Model 110.5 runs at 14500 RPM.)
Robust die cast metal housing made of high-quality aluminium and zinc – the die cast manufacturing process means that the molten metal is molded into the required shape at very high temperatures, resulting in durable, wear-resistant construction that will last for many years even if you use the applaince frequently. The majority of other juicers are made of pressed metal (or plastic) making them less sturdy.
Price of the Breville 800JEXL Juice Fountain Elite: it’s available for around $250 – $400. It’s best to look for deals to get a unit at a more favorable price.
The following items come usually with the Breville Juice Fountain Elite:
- 11-liter plastic juice jar with handle and measuring units
- 2froth separator – this attaches to the juice jar and separates froth from juice when you pour it into a glass.
- 3lid for the juice jar – placed on top of the jar prevents splattering of the juice.
- 4cleaning brush
- 5recipe book
- 6manual – fairly detailed and includes recipes for juicing
TIP: see also the Breville Ikon Froojie Juicer a dual disc, 5-speed juice and smoothie maker.
Operating the Breville Juice Fountain Elite 800JEXL Juice Extractor
- 1When you’ve assembled the juicer (make sure that the lock arm is securely in place) and plugged it in, you start the machine by switching to either low speed or high speed depending on the type of produce you’re going to juice (the manual that comes with the machine contains a table with recommended speed settings for various types of produce).
- 2For efficient juicing use the provided pusher to gently guide and push the produce down the chute.
- 3When you finished juicing turn off the machine by pushing the Off button and unplug it from the power outlet.
- 4Remove the pulp container.
- 5Grip the Lock Arms on either side of the juicer cover, pull it back and lift it over the grooves, then move it downwards. Now you can remove the juicer cover.
- 6To access the filter basket, grip the juice spout while holding the jucier base and turn the Filter Bowl Surround.
- 7Remove the Filter Bowl Surround with the mesh filter basket still in place.
- 8Take the bowl to the sink and turn it upside down to remove the basket.
Cleaning the Breville 800JEXL Juicer
For easy cleaning rinse all removable parts (bowl, mesh filter, pulp bin, blade) under running water right after every juice job to prevent pulp getting dried on the surfaces. You can do a more thorough washing up in hot soapy water.
The juicer, filter bowl surround, pulp container and the filter basket can be cleaned on top rack of the dishwasher.
For good perfomance of the juicer make sure that the mesh filter basket is cleaned properly. Clean it under running water using a sturdy kitchen brush to remove the finer produce fibre from between the tiny holes.
TIP: if the pores of the filter basket are blocked then let it soak in hot water which contains. cc. 10% lemon juice for approx. 10 minutes to help loosen and remove the pulp. This process is also recommended for cleaning the plastic parts stained by colourful produce (oranges, beets).
User Reviews on the Breville Juice Fountain Elite, Model 800JEXL Juicer
Overall owners of the 800JEXL are satisfied with the machine so it received positive reviews and high ratings on online product review sites. Here is a brief summary of and highlights from consumer reviews.
Conclusion – Is it Worth Buying the Breville Juice Fountain Elite 800JEXL?
The Breville Juice Fountain Elite is one of the best household-grade juciers currently available on the market. It’s as fast and efficient in juicing a wide array of produce as advertised.
Highly recommended for daily juicers due to its straightforward use and ease of cleaning. Great for providing the daily fruit and vegetable intake for kids since juice made with the Breville 800JEXL is pulp-free and tastes delicious so even the pickiest child will love it.
Is There a Better Value Juicer in This Category (High-Speed, Large Feed Chute)?
Although the Breville 800JEXL is a sleek, high perfomance unit you can get an even better one for your money. It is the Omega Big Mouth Juicer that has almost the same convenience features as the Juice Fountain Elite but costs less ($220) and is backed with a longer warranty (10 year on the whole appliance except the blade for which the warranty is 1 year).
Similar Juice Extractors
- 1L’Equip 215 XL Juicer – a high-quality, fast centrifugal machine with 3″-wide feed chute and long (10 years) guarantee.
Less Expensive Centrifugal Juicers:
- 1Hamilton Beach Big Mouth Juicers – 800-Watt motor and large round feed chute ensures quick juicing. The best value model is the 67650 with die-cast metal safety latch arms. All models available in larger shops for less than $100.
- 2Waring Pro JEX450 Big Mouth Juicer – costs a bit more than the Hamilton Beach units (but still under $200) but it comes with 5 year warranty on the motor (1 year on rest of the appliance).
- 3Juiceman Juicers – well-known from TV ads, out of the several models the 1000-Watt Juiceman Pro compares the best to the Breville 800JEXL.
- 4Compare Big Mouth Juicers to see which is the best value large feed chute centrifugal juicing machine.