Reviews and Comparison of Main Models
Breville Juicers are very popular on the market today and one of the main reasons for this is that they have many great features. One of the greatest benefits of Breville juicers is that they won’t ever slow down or become stuck, no mater what kind of fruit or vegetable is being juiced. The thing that makes this possible is the motor and the RPM speed of the juicing machine.
The roots of the company Breville are in Australia with branches in the US and the United Kingdom. The company is well-known for its innovative kitchen appliances (toast makers, espresso machines, grills, fruit juicers)
Main Features and Benefits of Breville Juicers
Breville Juicers are centrifugal machines with the advantages and drawbacks of these types of juicers:
- Powerful 3/4 horsepower motor providing 600-1000 Watts output: this feature ensure quick juicing of even the hardest vegetables, as well as durabiliy meaning that the motor won’t break down even if you juice with it a couple of times every day.
- The motor of Breville juicers revolves around 13000 – 14500/minute (RPM) – this makes these units high RPM machines, ensuring high juice yield: you can make a quart of juice (1 liter) in one minute. TIP: make sure you pay attention on how much juice you’ve already made because the extra fast operation of Brevilele juicers fills the pitcher in no time.
- They’re easy to assemble and disassemble and washing the parts is also a simple task to do making them a perfect fit to today’s accelerated lifestyle. Breville juicers can be washed in dishwasher, saving you time and making juicing a pleasant task. You just rinse the parts, and clean the wire mesh and the blade with the brush then place them in the dishwasher. See a videoclip on how the Breville Juice fountain Elite works.
- The extra wide feeding chute (3 “) of the Juice Fountain models allows you to put whole fruits and vegetables into the machine, or in case of larger produce you only have to chop them into larger chunks saving you time.
- Attractive appliances with sleek design – a Breville juice fountain will be a proud part of any modern kitchen.
- Breville offers a wide range of juicers allowing you to choose a model that best suits your juicing needs and budget.
- They are reasonably priced (price range: cc. $100 – $300) – with the array of advanced features juicers made by Breville compete with commercial juice extractors that cost 2 of 3 times more.
Types of Breville Juicers
- Professional 800 Collection Dual Disc Juice Processor: This is a commercial juicer which has a second disc that can juice soft fruits such as bananas, strawberries, mangos and can also make fruit smoothies. The puree disc of this juicer retains the fibre rich pulp in the juice. The 84 mm wide feed chute is great for juicing whole fruits and veggies. Durability of the juicer is assured by the stainless steel and the premium diecast materials.
- 3 litre pulp container,
- 1.2 litre juice jug with a froth separator,
- 5 speed controls that maximize juice extraction,
- a juice disc that separates pulp from juice and
- a stainless steel puree disc and filter basket.
- 1 year limited warranty.
- The Breville Juice Fountain Elite, 800JEXL is one of the best-rated juicers not only within the Breville brand but among other centrifugal type juicing machines.
- Ikon Froojie Juice Fountain (BJE520): This is a revolutionary product from Breville which has a unique second disc that can juice soft fruits and is ideal one for making delicious froojie. One thing that grabs the attention of all those who see this juicer is the LCD screen with juicing speed guide. Warranty: 1 year limited.
This juicer has extra sharp juicing disc with titanium reinforced cutting blades.
Some other components of this model are:
- dual disc juicer, 84mm wide feed chute,
- 5 speed controls,
- powerful 1300 watt motor,
- 3 litre pulp container,
- 1.2 litre juice jug with a froth separator and
- Stainless steel Froojie disc that ensures maximum yield from soft fruits.
Read a detailed review on the Breville Ikon Froojie Juicer.
- ikon Multi-Speed Juice fountain (BJE510XL)
Juice Fountain Plus (BJE410): This is a heavy duty juicer with an extra 84 mm feed chute. It has a unique central feed system for maximum extraction. Main parts are the ultra sharp titanium re-inforced cutting disc, stainless steel micro mesh filter basket and 2-speed electronic controls. All parts are dishwasher safe.
- Juice Fountain (BJE200) and Breville Juice Fountain Compact, BJE200XL: The compact design and efficient performance of this juicer makes it a must have for every kitchen. Warranty: 1 year limited warranty.
- stainless steel mesh filter,
- 1.5 liter pulp container,
- 800 ml juice jug with a separator,
- powerful 900 watts motor, and
- extra large feed chute.
Breville JE900 Juice Fountain Professional Juice Extractor
- Breville Juice Fountain Plus JE95 and JE95XL Models – The JE95 juicer is a 850-Watt machine with 2 speed controls. It fills a 8-ounce glass with fresh juice in 5 seconds. The JE95XL is an advanced version of the JE95 Model. Warranty: 1 year limited warranty.
- One more famous Breville juicer of the Professional 800 collection is the Breville 800 CPXL manual citrus press which has sleek die-cast stainless steel juicing cone and body. Warranty: 1 year limited warranty. Take a look at other good-value citrus juicers.
Breville Juicers in UK and Europe
In the United Kingdom and in other European countries different Breville juicer models are availbale than in the US. These exclusive models include the Anthony Worral Thompson Juicer Series (Breville JE15 Whole Fruits Juicer, Breville JE16 Professional Juice Extractor) and the Cafe series commercial style juicer models.
User Reviews of Breville Juicers
You’ll find many independent user reviewes online on Breville juice extractors. The majority of the reviewers are satisfied with their Breville juicer praising the ease and speed of juicing these units ensure.
Another advantage often mentioned is that they are are less noisy than some other popular centrifugal machines. A Breville juicer will be as loud as a quieter hair drier.
The juice tastes great and juicing is really as fast and effortless as the manufacturer claims it to be. The big feeding chute (width: 3″, length: 7″) also helps to make the juicing job done quickly: you can toss in 3 mid-sized carrots at once or 2-3 apples stacked in the chute.
Some of the Cons of Breville Juicers Highlighted in Consumer Reports:
- Short warranty period (1-3 years) – some juicer manufacturers give 5-10 years warranty on their product (e.g. Omega Juicer).
- Some have complained that the machine splatters fruit and veggie pieces all over.
- Some users complained that the Breville models don’t juice leafy greens well. It’s true, but centrifugal juicers are not designed to juice leafy vegetables (spinach, parsley, lettuce etc.) so it is good to know what you want to juice before buying a juicing machine. To extract juice from leafy veggies you’ll need a single auger juicer (with dual stage juicing) or a twin gear juicer (like Green Star Juicers). For a good masticating-type machine take a look at the Champion.
Breville Juicer Videos – See How They Operate
Here is a video clip showing a popular Breville juice extractor (Juice Fountain Elite) during operation:
Conclusion – For whom are the Breville Juicers Recommended?
Breville juicers are recommended for those who want to start juicing regularly but doesn’t have much time for the task of peeling and cutting up the fruits and vegetables, cleaning the machine etc.).
These easy-to-use appliances will suit well for busy people who wish to enrich their diet with tasty, freshly made juices on a regular basis.
Budget conscious users will also love Breville’s products since a wide range of models are available at affordable price.
Note that if you plan to juice leafy greens then you’ll be better off with a masticating type, single auger or twin gear juicer.
Alternatives to Breville
- L’Equip Juicers – L’Equip offers compact centrifugal juciers with automatic pulp ejection.
- Omega Big Mouth Juicer, BMJ330 – this powerful automatic centrifugal juicer by Omega has extra large feed chute and comes with 10-year warranty.
- Waring Pro Juice Extractors – Good-quality, affordable machines run by powerful motor.
- Compare Wide Feed Chute Juicers – a comparison on the best-selling big mouth centrifugal juice extractors.