Hamilton Beach Big Mouth Juicer
Models 67650 (Pro) & 67600 – Cheap Automatic Centrifugal Juice Extractors
The Hamilton Beach Big Mouth Juicer (models 67650 & 67600 are currently available) is a good-quality, cheap juice extractor that was designed with ease-of-use and fast juicing in mind.
The 3″-wide, round-shape feed chute accepts whole foods: just add a well-washed medium or small apple and/or a peeled orange (small or mid-size), and a few sticks of carrots, guide them down with the plastic plunger and you can enjoy a large cup of fresh, vitamin-filled juice in no time.
The Hamilton Beach Big Mouth juicer is one of the best inexpensive basic juice extractor on the market today. It sure has some weaknesses – which appliance doesn’t? – but overall it gives great value for the money it costs.
There are other more expensive centrifugal juice machines with the same features (powerful motor, big mouth) that don’t perform better than the Hamilton Beach 67650 or the 67600 models, so why pay more when you can get the same (or almost the same) juicing experience with a budget juicer?
Note: the only difference between the Models 67650 & 67600 is that the Model 67650 has die-cast metal safety latch arms, and it comes with a 20-ounce plastic juice cup, while the Model 67600 juicer’s locking arms is plastic and juice cup isn’t included.
Features, Performance, Rating of Model 67650 (Pro)
The Hamilton beach Big Mouth juicer got good reviews and ratings on large online retail sites. Most owners are very satisfied with the performance, user-friendliness, and the low-price of the juicer. The juicer provides great value for the money it costs.
Hamilton Beach 67650 & 67600 Big Mouth Juicers- Review
- 1Model 67650: dark grey plastic base and juice bowl, smoky see-through top, pulp bin and juice cup (20 oz.), silver metal latch arms
- 2Model 67601: black plastic base and juice bowl, smoky see-through top and pulp bin, black plastic safety lock arms (no juice cup and cleaning brush)
- 3Model 67600: white plastic base and juice bowl, smoky see-through top and pulp bin, white plastic safety lock arms (cleaning brush is included).
Price range: $50 – $90.
Warranty: 1 year.
What Can You Juice with it?
Pros & Cons at a Glance
The strong 800-Watt motor of the juicer handles all types of produce (except leafy veggies and wheatgrass) extremely well.
It performs best with hard, high liquid content fruits and vegetables such as apples, carrots, celery and beats. Pulp is pretty dry, a proof of efficient juice extraction.
Using the Hamilton Beach Big Mouth Juicer is fairly straightforward: just put together the parts as shown in the manual (see steps below), plug it in and turn on the unit by pressing the On switch, and you can start adding fruits and vegetables you previously washed through the wide feed chute, guiding it down with the pusher.
Delicious, natural, smooth juice will flow in the juice cup you placed under the juicer spout. Drink it immediately to get the most nutritional benefits for your body.
Note: larger produce still needs to be cut into smaller pieces to fit in the mouth, but the well-sized feed chute can really accelerate juicing which is great if you don’t have much time for it in the mornings.
You can buy small-medium size apples and oranges that will go in the chute whole specifically for juicing, this way you only need to wash the fruits (and peel the oranges) and you can start juicing without much preparation.
What Does the Hamilton Beach Big Mouth Juicer Juice?
Both models juice a wide range of produce with great efficiency:
Just like any other centrifugal juicer, the Hamilton Beach Big Mouth Juicers aren’t good for extracting juice from leafy greens and wheatgrass – they simply weren’t designed for this process.
Although most of the juicer parts are made of plastic (excl. the one-piece strainer-blade set which is stainless steel, and the Model 67650′s latch arms are die-cast metal) if used properly according to the manual, the unit will last for several years.
The motor carries a 5-year warranty while most other juice extractor motors in the low-end category come with 1 year warranty.
Durability problem might occur with the plastic safety locking arms of models 67600 and 67601: some users have reported that it broke despite proper use.
Using the Juicer – Assembly, Disassembly
The instruction manual of the juicer contains step-by-step, easy-to-understand instructions with drawings on how to assemble, and disassemble the appliance:
- 1Place the juice bowl on top of the motor base.
- 2Place the stainless steel filter-blade set in the bowl, with your hands on the outer edge press the filter down to lock into position.
- 3Put the cover on the juicer bowl/filter and lower it into position.
- 4Lift the locking arms up and click them into place.
- 5Put the pulp collector into place by fitting it under the juicer cover, tilting the appliance slightly. TIP: Place a plastic grocery bag inside the pulp collector to catch pulp in it and save washing the collector bin.
- 6Place the juice cup or a glass under the spout.
- 7Plug in the juicer.
- 8If you’re ready juicing, press the On/Off switch to start the motor.
- 9With the motor running start adding the produce, gently helping the pieces down the chute with the plunger.
- 10The juice will flow into the juice cup/glass while the leftover will go into the pulp container. You can empty the container during juicing if you see that it is almost full: turn off the appliance, remove the container, lift and remove plastic bag with pulp or empty the container then put it back in place, and you can continue juicing.
- 1When you finished juicing turn off and unplug the machine. Wait until the strainer stops rotating.
- 2Release and lower the safety latch arms.
- 3Lift off the cover. (it might have pulp stuck to its inside so have a waste bin handy, or do the disassembly near the sink).
- 4Lift off the juice bowl with the strainer-blade still in it.
- 5To remove the strainer basket, turn the bowl upside down and carefully remove the strainer (best to do this over the sink).
- 6Now you can start the clean up. Don’t put it off because produce fiber will get stuck onto the juicer parts, making washing up more difficult and time consuming.
Note: The center of the strainer basket contains small, sharp blades to grind fruits and vegetables during juicing. Do not touch blades when handling the strainer basket during washing up or assembly-disassembly.
Cleaning the Hamilton Beach Big Mouth Juicer
All removable parts are top-rack dishwasher safe (do not place plastic items near the heating coil of the dishwasher because the heat can cause plastic parts to distort. If you’re in a hurry, just rinse well the parts in lukewarm-warm running water and let the dishwasher do rest of the cleaning.
Manual washing can be done in a few minutes, especially after a couple of times of juicing. Just rinse each part well in soapy water, use a sturdy kitchen brush (or the brush provided with the juicer) to remove food particles from the strainer holes, then let everything dry before putting together the juicer for the next use. You can cut down on clean up time if you put a plastic bag in the pulp bin to catch the waste (you can still use the pulp for thickening sauces or soups if you use hygienic grocery bags).
If necessary, wipe the motor base with a slightly damp cloth or sponge.
What Comes with Hamilton Beach Big Mouth Juicer?
Note: for models 676001 and 67600 no juice cup and cleaning brush are included.
Conclusion – Who Should Buy the Hamilton Beach Big Mouth Juicer, Pro Model 67650?
The Hamilton Beach Big Mouth Juicer is a great low-cost machine. It doesn’t look as stylish and sleek as some other big name juice extractors (e.g. Breville) but it doesn’t cost a lot, and does well what it was made for: quick, effective juice extraction from many types of produce.
Ideal for first time juicers who don’t want to invest a couple of hundreds in a juicer. We suggest that you buy the Model 67650 because it has metal cantilever arms, while the other two models (67600 and 67601) have less sturdy plastic locking arms.
So if you’re looking for a basic, simple-to-use juice extractor to make fresh fruit and vegetable juices for the family (highly recommended when you have picky kids who don’t like to eat fruits and veggies – they will drink the sweet creamy juice, allowing the vitamins and other nutrients to get absorbed more quickly and effectively than from produce eaten whole) then the Hamilton Beach Wide Mouth Juicer is a good choice.
TIP: Compare the Most Popular Big Mouth Centrifugal Juicers.