Models 67650 (Pro) & 67600 – Cheap Automatic Centrifugal Juice Extractors
The Hamilton Beach Big Mouth Juicer (models 67650 & 67600 are currently available) is a good-quality, cheap juice extractor that was designed with ease-of-use and fast juicing in mind.
The 3″-wide, round-shape feed chute accepts whole foods: just add a well-washed medium or small apple and/or a peeled orange (small or mid-size), and a few sticks of carrots, guide them down with the plastic plunger and you can enjoy a large cup of fresh, vitamin-filled juice in no time.
There are other more expensive centrifugal juice machines with the same features (powerful motor, big mouth) that don’t perform better than the Hamilton Beach 67650 or the 67600 models, so why pay more when you can get the same (or almost the same) juicing experience with a budget juicer?
Features, Performance, Rating of Model 67650 (Pro)
The Hamilton beach Big Mouth juicer got good reviews and ratings on large online retail sites. Most owners are very satisfied with the performance, user-friendliness, and the low-price of the juicer. The juicer provides great value for the money it costs.
The strong 800-Watt motor of the juicer handles all types of produce (except leafy veggies and wheatgrass) extremely well.
It performs best with hard, high liquid content fruits and vegetables such as apples, carrots, celery and beats. Pulp is pretty dry, a proof of efficient juice extraction.
Using the Hamilton Beach Big Mouth Juicer is fairly straightforward: just put together the parts as shown in the manual (see steps below), plug it in and turn on the unit by pressing the On switch, and you can start adding fruits and vegetables you previously washed through the wide feed chute, guiding it down with the pusher.
Delicious, natural, smooth juice will flow in the juice cup you placed under the juicer spout. Drink it immediately to get the most nutritional benefits for your body.
You can buy small-medium size apples and oranges that will go in the chute whole specifically for juicing, this way you only need to wash the fruits (and peel the oranges) and you can start juicing without much preparation.
What Does the Hamilton Beach Big Mouth Juicer Juice?
Both models juice a wide range of produce with great efficiency:
- it juices apples, pears and other firmer, high juice content fruits the best, but it also handles citrus fruits well
- firm vegetables like carrots, celery, cucumber, beetroot are effectively processed as well
Just like any other centrifugal juicer, the Hamilton Beach Big Mouth Juicers aren’t good for extracting juice from leafy greens and wheatgrass – they simply weren’t designed for this process.
Although most of the juicer parts are made of plastic (excl. the one-piece strainer-blade set which is stainless steel, and the Model 67650′s latch arms are die-cast metal) if used properly according to the manual, the unit will last for several years.
The motor carries a 5-year warranty while most other juice extractor motors in the low-end category come with 1 year warranty.
Durability problem might occur with the plastic safety locking arms of models 67600 and 67601: some users have reported that it broke despite proper use.
Using the Juicer – Assembly, Disassembly
The instruction manual of the juicer contains step-by-step, easy-to-understand instructions with drawings on how to assemble, and disassemble the appliance:
- Place the juice bowl on top of the motor base.
- Place the stainless steel filter-blade set in the bowl, with your hands on the outer edge press the filter down to lock into position.
- Put the cover on the juicer bowl/filter and lower it into position.
- Lift the locking arms up and click them into place.
- Put the pulp collector into place by fitting it under the juicer cover, tilting the appliance slightly. TIP: Place a plastic grocery bag inside the pulp collector to catch pulp in it and save washing the collector bin.
- Place the juice cup or a glass under the spout.
- Plug in the juicer.
- If you’re ready juicing, press the On/Off switch to start the motor.
- With the motor running start adding the produce, gently helping the pieces down the chute with the plunger.
- The juice will flow into the juice cup/glass while the leftover will go into the pulp container. You can empty the container during juicing if you see that it is almost full: turn off the appliance, remove the container, lift and remove plastic bag with pulp or empty the container then put it back in place, and you can continue juicing.
Hamilton Beach 67650 & 67600 Big Mouth Juicers- Review
Method of Juicing: centrifugal, automatic pulp ejection
Motor power: 800 Watts (1.1 horsepower)
Revolution speed: 1 speed setting
Material: stainless steel blade and mesh filter, black plastic base and juice bowl, smoky see-through plastic top, pulp container and juice pitcher (20 oz.), die-cast metal lock arms (Model 67600 has plastic latch arms)
Feed tube: 3″, round shape
Dimensions (Hx W x D): 10 1/2″ x 8″ x 13 3/4″
Weight: 9.6 lbs.
- Model 67650: dark grey plastic base and juice bowl, smoky see-through top, pulp bin and juice cup (20 oz.), silver metal latch arms
- Model 67601: black plastic base and juice bowl, smoky see-through top and pulp bin, black plastic safety lock arms (no juice cup and cleaning brush)
- Model 67600: white plastic base and juice bowl, smoky see-through top and pulp bin, white plastic safety lock arms (cleaning brush is included).
Price range: $50 – $90.
Warranty: 1 year.
What Can You Juice with it?
Vegetables: hard veggies (carrots, celery, beets) are processed with the highest efficiency
Leafy Greens – no
Wheatgrass – no
Pros & Cons at a Glance
- quick, effortless juicing
- large feed chute – mid-size whole fruits/veggies fit in
- cheap but great value juicer
- dishwasher safe parts (top-rack placement) for saving time on manual clean up.
- large pulp bin for longer juicing – no need to stop to empty the bin
- fairly durable
- easy to operate and clean
- quite dependable
- smaller footprint than some other similar juicers have
plastic locking arm can easily break
a bit loud
a bit bulky,
feed chute is a bit high, (check if it fits onto your counter)
pulp container is a hassle to clean with the small indentations towards its bottom (this a problem with most other centrifugal juice machines
TIP: line it with a plastic bag, so at the end of juicing you just remove the bag with the pulp in it and you save washing the container)
some pulp collects in the juicer top
Ease of Use/Cleaning:
- When you finished juicing turn off and unplug the machine. Wait until the strainer stops rotating.
- Release and lower the safety latch arms.
- Lift off the cover. (it might have pulp stuck to its inside so have a waste bin handy, or do the disassembly near the sink).
- Lift off the juice bowl with the strainer-blade still in it.
- To remove the strainer basket, turn the bowl upside down and carefully remove the strainer (best to do this over the sink).
- Now you can start the clean up. Don’t put it off because produce fiber will get stuck onto the juicer parts, making washing up more difficult and time consuming.
Cleaning the Hamilton Beach Big Mouth Juicer
All removable parts are top-rack dishwasher safe (do not place plastic items near the heating coil of the dishwasher because the heat can cause plastic parts to distort. If you’re in a hurry, just rinse well the parts in lukewarm-warm running water and let the dishwasher do rest of the cleaning.
Manual washing can be done in a few minutes, especially after a couple of times of juicing. Just rinse each part well in soapy water, use a sturdy kitchen brush (or the brush provided with the juicer) to remove food particles from the strainer holes, then let everything dry before putting together the juicer for the next use. You can cut down on clean up time if you put a plastic bag in the pulp bin to catch the waste (you can still use the pulp for thickening sauces or soups if you use hygienic grocery bags).
If necessary, wipe the motor base with a slightly damp cloth or sponge.
What Comes with Hamilton Beach Big Mouth Juicer?
- motor base (800-watt, 1.1 Hp motor): the metal/plastic safety locking arms are fitted to the two sides, On/Off switch
- juice bowl
- stainless steel micro mesh strainer
- cover with wide feed chute (3 inches in diameter)
- food pusher
- juice cup (20 oz.)
- cleaning brush
- instruction manual with juice recipes
Conclusion – Who Should Buy the Hamilton Beach Big Mouth Juicer, Pro Model 67650?
The Hamilton Beach Big Mouth Juicer is a great low-cost machine. It doesn’t look as stylish and sleek as some other big name juice extractors (e.g. Breville) but it doesn’t cost a lot, and does well what it was made for: quick, effective juice extraction from many types of produce.
Ideal for first time juicers who don’t want to invest a couple of hundreds in a juicer. We suggest that you buy the Model 67650 because it has metal cantilever arms, while the other two models (67600 and 67601) have less sturdy plastic locking arms.
So if you’re looking for a basic, simple-to-use juice extractor to make fresh fruit and vegetable juices for the family (highly recommended when you have picky kids who don’t like to eat fruits and veggies – they will drink the sweet creamy juice, allowing the vitamins and other nutrients to get absorbed more quickly and effectively than from produce eaten whole) then the Hamilton Beach Wide Mouth Juicer is a good choice.
Similar Juicing Machines
- Hamilton Beach Juicers – see other juice extractor models by Hamilton Beach.
- Waring Professional Centrifugal Juicers – wide mouth automatic pulp ejector juice machines at affordable price.
- Waring JEX450 Big Mouth Juice Extractor – good-quality, moderately priced fast centrifugal juicer.
- L’Equip 215 XL Wide Mouth Juice Extractor- a light-weight, compact, fast centrifugal pulp ejector juicing machine with 10 year warranty.
- Breville 800 JEXL Juice Fountain Elite – 1000-Watt motor with dual speed settings, all-stainless steel construction, XL feed chute, makes the Breville 800JEXL one of the best in the category of automatic centrifugal juicers.
- Omega 9000 Juicer- although it isn’t an automatic pulp ejection machine but it is still a good-quality unit that has fairly high juice volume.