A Great Small, Centrifugal Vegetable and Fruit Juice Extractor
The L’Equip 110.5 Mini Juicer is a neat little centrifugal juicing machine with pulp ejection. With just over 11″ height it occupies little space, and similarly to other L’Equip fruit and vegetable juice extractors, the Model 110.5 is user-friendly and it suites well to today’s accelerated life.
Equipped with a strong motor it does juicing quickly and efficiently. No clogging occurs, because the patented pulp ejection system efficiently gets rid off the produce fiber: the centrifugal force pushes the pulp upwards on the wall of the appliance, spitting it out at the back into the plastic collection bin.
Main Features & Benefits
- Compact Design, Contemporary Look – the Mini looks like a miniature food processor from the future. It boasts sleek chrome and silver finish lending a cool yet sophisticated look to the unit.
The L’Equip Mini Pulp Ejector Juicer was designed with a small footprint to take up minimum space in the kitchen.
- Light Weight - the juicer weighs only 7.8 pounds which allows the user to carry it around or to take it on travels.
- Quick Juicing - this means that not only the actual juicing job is done fast, but putting together the machine requires very short time. It consists of few parts without any complicated assembly feature. You just lock the juicing bowl and the lid in place by the clips on the unit’s side, and you can start juicing.
- High RPM – the L’Equip 110.5 Mini juicer is a centrifugal unit that runs at high rate: 10 000 RPM which is an impressive number compared to other similar models. This makes it a bit noisy, but enables the unit to squeeze a very high percentage of juice out of the produce, separating fiber from the juice through the screen, leaving only dry pulp behind that is smoothly forwarded into the pulp container placed at the rear of the unit.
The juice that flows into a jar placed under the mouth is nearly pulp-free, though a bit foamy due to the volume of air forced into it by the high speed centrifugal force.
- Wide Feed Chute - the L’Equip 110.5 mini juicer has a fairly large feed tube (crescent shape, measuring 2.75″ x 1.5″) so you can add larger pieces of produce (it’s not wise to add some fruits and veggies in whole with the core, skin and stems: although this powerful machine copes with them with ease, but juicing whole produce frequently puts unnecessary strain on the motor and makes the blade go blunt in a shorter time).
- Juices a Variety of Fruits and Vegetables Well – just like other centrifugal juicers it doesn’t do wheatgrass and leafy greens (spinach, lettuce, parsley), but it does well both soft and harder produce. Note: some have tried juicing lettuce by wrapping it around a piece of celery or other similarly firm produce, and the L’Equip Mini handled it quite well.
- Cleaning is Easy – the fewer parts mean not only quick assembly and disassembly, but less clean up. The screen and the pulp container are the more challenging parts regarding wash up, but this problem arises with most other centrifugal machines. A kitchen brush (a brush is not included with the L’Equip 110.5 Mini) comes handy when cleaning the screen. The pulp bin’s nooks are difficult to reach with a sponge or even a toothbrush, making removal of pulp almost impossible. TIP: put a plastic bag in the bin to catch the pulp to eliminate cleaning it. The other parts of the juicer need only a good rinse. If you’re in a hurry, you can put the juicer parts (except the base that contains the motor) on the top rack of the dishwasher.
- Motor Power – 1/3 horsepower.
- Durability – The juicer parts (bowl, mesh screen, blade) are made of stainless steel, ensuring reliable operation for many years.
- Low price – the L’Equip 110.5 Mini Pulp Ejector costs only cc. $100 – $120 which makes it one of the best-value juicers in its class. Great for beginners who don’t won’t to do much fuss about juicing and don’t want to spend hundreds on a sleek machine when there’s a cheaper model that does the job just as well if not better as the costlier units.
- Warranty – 3 years on blade and basket, 10 years on motor and other parts – (L’Equip has recently extended the warranty period from 6 to 10 years on the motor, a proof of confidence in the quality of the appliance.).
- Height: 11.5″
- Length: 12″
- Width: 7.5″
- Weight: 7.8 lbs.
Summary of Strengths and Weaknesses of the L’Equip 110.5 Mini Pulp Ejector Juicer
- Quick juicing with a fairly high juice yield
- Ease of use and cleaning (dishwasher safe)
- Space-saving design
- Conclusion: great for small families or individuals who want to provide for the daily fruit and vegetable servings in the form of fresh juice that can be made in a few minutes.
- Frothy juice with lots of air in it: rapid decomposing of vitamins, antioxidants decreases the nutritional quality of the juice.
- A bit loud
- For the more health conscious ones or for those who want to juice lots of greens and wheatgrass, a twin-gear juice extractor is a more sensible choice.
The majority of reviewers are satisfied with most aspects of the L’Equip 110.5 Mini Juicer. One small problem mentioned is that the spout, where the juice comes out, is at too low for a taller glass.
Another weakness found with this juicer is that the feeding tube is a bit small and short, so the user has to cut up the produce.
Other features of the appliance are great:
- quick, thorough juicing of many kinds of produce with a relatively high juice volume and fairly dry pulp,
- simplicity of use and operation,
- affordable price,
- solid built backed with 3- and 10-year warranty period.
Official website of the manufacturer: L’equip.
Similar Juice Extarctor
- L’Equip 215 XL Juicer – very much similar to the Mini regarding design and performance.
- Breville Juice Fountain Elite 800JEXL – a powerful, easy-to-use machine with dual speed (6500 RPM and 13000 RPM) for quick, uncomplicated juicing of a wide range of produce.
- Breville JE600 – powered also by a 600-Watt motor.
- Juiceman JM400 Juicer – run by a 700 Watt motor (with 2 speed adjustment options) this unit also removes pulp automatically.
- Omega 9000 Juicer Review – a high performing centrifugal juicing machine without pulp ejection and with 15 years warranty.
- Acme Juicer – another non-ejection type centrifugal unit (includes 2 models: Acme 5001 and Acme 6001) noted for durability and high performance.
- Best-Rated Centrifugal Juicer Machines – read about the pros and cons of using a centrifugal juice extractor and find out which are the most popular models.