A Single Auger Juicer for Vegetables, Wheat Grass and Leafy Greens
The L’Equip Omni Juicer is a masticating-style addition to the two centrifugal models. Although it’s been discontinued for a while you can get it at some online shops. The Omni is a single auger juicer that obtains the liquid content of vegetables, wheatgrass, barley grass, herbs and leafy greens and even pine needles and aloe, through a gentle process preserving the vitamins and nutrients.
The L’Equip team worked hard to come up with a juicer with improved extraction and durability, ensuring that the machine’s performance won’t deteriorate over time.
So with this machine you’ll not only have a basic juicer, but an all-round food processor including an oil press that is well worth the money and helps you maintain a healthy diet.
Main Features & Benefits of the L’Equip Omni
- Mill-Type Single Auger – Effective Extraction – the 160-watt motor rotates the auger (cutting length is 5 1/5″) housed in the auger chamber at slow rate, crushing and pushing the produce against the chamber wall, while masticating the fibers then squeezing out all the liquid content stored in the veggie and fruit cells, fully obtaining vitamins, enzymes, minerals and other nutrients while keeping them intact for maximal health benefits.
- The low speed process increases storage life of the juice – you can keep it in the fridge for up to 48 hours with the quality of the juice preserved.
Further technical specifics of the auger are:
- it is resistant against staining
- the head is reinforced for maximum extraction
- 1.5″-Wide Feeding Chute – it isn’t wide enough for adding larger chunks of produce but this is the same with nearly all other similar auger-style juice machines. Some preparation time is required for cutting up the food but the health benefits you’ll gain by drinking fresh vegetable/fruit juices regularly far are well worth your time and effort in the long run.
- Versatile Appliance: with the L’Equip Omni juicer you’ll get an all-round kitchen appliance that will prove very handy in your home. 6 different Nozzles come with the machine for juicing, grinding, mincing, homogenizing and making pasta/noodles.
- Juices Wheatgrass and Herbs (alfafa, parsley etc.) – no need to buy a separate machine if you want to juice grass-type greens.
- Extracts Juice from Aloe and Pine Needles – this is a unique function that very few other juice extractors have.
- 3 Pressure Settings to Adjust the Quality of Juice – on the pulp outlet you’ll find 3 adjustment options to set the level of pressure with which the machine extracts juice from the produce.
- Oil Press for Making Your Own Cold-Pressed Oil from Various Types of Seed (sunflower, sesame, flax, grape): oils freshly pressed from vegetable seeds using a cold process are abundant in essential fatty acids that are proved to be effectively lowering cholesterol level.
- Strong Induction Motor Runs at Low Speed (80 RPM, 160 Watts) providing a squeezing power of 1.5 horsepower – the core of any electric juicer is the motor, it will determine the effectiveness and durability of the appliance. The powerful motor used in L’Equip juicing machines boast excellent engineering work that you can rely on for many years. The long life of the L’Equip Omni juicer is backed with a 10-year warranty period.
- Integrated Control to Prevent Excessive Heat Build Up
- FDA-Approved Polycarbonate and Melamine
- Quiet Operation – since the machine operates at low speed it’s virtually silent.
- Quick, Uncomplicated Assembly-Disassembly & Use – it takes only 15-20 seconds to put together the parts and you can start juicing.
- Easy to Clean – all parts can be cleaned in a dishwasher, but manual washing won’t require much of your time either.
- Compact, Space Efficient Design – it’s easy to store or move because the unit weighs only 5 kg
- Handsome machine – the L’Equip Omni juicer features contemporary design with streamlined look.
- Long Warranty – 10 Years – few other juice extractors carry such long or longer guarantee period – this is the ultimate proof of the machine’s reliability and quality of manufacturing.
- Length: 9.8 ” (250 mm)
- Width: 7″ (180 mm)
- Height: 9.5″ (240 mm)
- Weight: 11 pounds (5 kg).
Price of the L’Equip Omni Juicer: cc. $290 – $399.
Pros and Cons of the L’Equip Omni Juicer at a Glance
|+ High Crushing Power – will juice almost all sorts of produce extracting large volume of juice.|
|+ Nutrient Rich, Natural Tasting Juice – the low speed protects vitamins, enzymes against getting destroyed by oxidation and excessive heat.|
|+ Universal Appliance – can do a range of other jobs apart from juicing.|
|+ Juices Wheatgrass and Leafy Vegetables – no need to own two machines for juicing fruits and greens.|
|+ Quality Make supported by Long Warranty|
|+ Ability to Make Cold-Pressed Oil at Home – great for adding to salads.|
Tasks the L’Equip Omni Juicer can Do:
- Using the various nozzles and accessories you can turn your L’Equip Omni juicer into a mincer, chopper, pasta/bread stick maker, and nut butter maker. With the innovative oil press now you can make your own cold-pressed oil (sesame seed, flax, grape seed) at home, contributing to you and your family’s health.
- Juicing Vegetables and Fruits: the unit extracts juice from a wide range of produce: firm vegetables such as carrots, celery, ginger, beets, cucumber, leafy greens: spinach, kale, lettuce, fruits: apples, oranges.
- It juices wheatgrass, barley grass and herbs – no need for another machine to incorporate green juices in your diet.
- Extracts juice from pine needles and aloe – a task that few other juicing machines can do.
- Replace the juicing screen for the blank one and you’ll get a homogenizer: the machine simply crushes or minces the added food stuff and extrudes it through the end nozzle. Use an open nozzle for basic pureeing tasks (making pates, nut butters, vegetable purees, or creamy delights from frozen fruits and milk). For making different shapes of pasta and noodles, use one of the pasta nozzles.
- Mincing/Chopping Seasonings and Herbs – If you love to make salads, sandwiches or salsa you’ll appreciate the L’Equip Omni even more, because it minces/chops seasonings like onion, garlic, scallion, pepper while preserving their natural flavor.
- Mincing Meat/Fish – besides mincing/chopping seasonings, you can use the machine for mincing/chopping all kinds of meat/fish. Mince the meat together with chopped seasonings, and you’ll get the basis for meatloaf or homemade hamburgers.
- Making Pasta, Noodles, Bread sticks or Rice cake
- Preparing Nut Butter, Baby Food or Healthy Fruit Ice Cream, Smoothies, Sorbets – replace the juicing screen for the blank nozzle, and you’ll be able to make pastes and purees from various foods.
- Oil Press for Homemade Cold-pressed Oil – you can enrich your meals with fresh oils rich in essential fatty acids (Omega 3, 6 and 9). Essential, unsaturated types of fats are very important part of a healthy diet, because they help reduce the cholesterol level in your blood. High blood cholesterol level increases the risk of heart diseases and other circulation problems.
For Whom is the L’Equip Omin Recommended?
This is a good-value multi-purpose juice extractor with oil press function that any healthy lifestyle enthusiast will enjoy using. No need to cram your kitchen with all types of gadgets for performing the various tasks, the L’Equip Omni is a very practical appliance that incorporates several functions in one unit.
Besides its user-friendliness, the attractive design and light weight add to the unit’s appeal. Thanks to the quality materials and manufacturing, L’Equip managed to make a juicer that will be a favorite of many avid juicers and raw food enthusiasts.
Juice Makers Similar to the L’Equip Omni
- SoloStar II Juicer – a two-step single auger machine made by Tribest.
- Samson Juicers – mill-type units that can do many other tasks besides juicing. Includes a single auger and a twin-gear model.
- Omega 8006 Juicer – an improved version of Model 8003/8005 – single auger, 2-stage juicing, 15 years warranty.
- Omega Vert Juicer, VRT 330 – a vertical single-gear juice extractor that operates at low speed ensuring high quality of juice.
- Omega 8003/8005 Juicer – single auger, low RPM unit for extracting juice from vegetables, fruits and wheatgrass.
- Green Star Twin-Gear Juicers – one of the best-selling juice extractors with twin-gear mechanism and slow motor.
- Lexen Electric Healthy Juicer – less expensive than the other units above (costs cc. $160), it is a single auger low-speed (76 rpm) juicer that is recommended for juicing wheatgrass, greens and harder veggies and fruits.