Omega Vert Juicer, VRT 330
Upright, Single Gear Juice Machine
The Omega Vert Juicer is an upright single gear juice extractor made by Omega, a company well known for its high-quality, dependable juicing machines.
Besides the space saving, upright design which is quite uncommon among single auger juicers, the VRT 3330 has other great features like the Low Speed Technology System (LSTS) and the Auto Cleaning Wipes, that make it one of the best single auger juicers.
It is highly recommended for health-conscious juice enthusiasts who want to enjoy nutrient-rich, live juice of vegetables, including wheatgrass and leafy greens, at home without spending much time on the task.
Benefits – Low Speed Masticating Style Juice Machine
TIP: some retailers offer it with Free Shipping within continental US, so if you want to save a few bucks search for Omega Vert + Free Shipping on the net.
How and What Does It Juice? – Dual-Stage Juicing, Higher Juice Yield
The VRT 330 juices in two steps:
- 1In the first step the slowly rotating screw grinds and chews the produce in a masticating process.
- 2In the second step the pulp produced in the first phase is pressed to separate juice from pulp. The masticating process breaks down the cell walls, making the vitamins, enzymes and other nutrients accessible and extractable. The result is fresh, natural juice with high nutritional value and rich taste.
The process also allows you to obtain more bioflavonoids, highly effective antioxidants that lend a darker, deeper color to the juice. The dual-stage juicing provides more juice volume too.
The Omega Vert is likely to obtain at least 30% more juice from the same amount of produce than a centrifugal machine and some single auger juice extractors.
The self-feeding mechanism allows effortless, fast juicing though you need to cut the food into narrower pieces.
The Omega Vert comes with 2 juice screens: a finer (white) and a coarser (yellow) one for processing soft and harder produce.
Use the white screen with smaller holes if you want less pulp in your juice, and use the yellow screen with larger holes for a pulpier juice.
The Omega VERT VRT 330 juices
It isn’t a multi-function machine, it doesn’t grind, mince or make nut butter like many single auger models, but it is a high performance juice extractor that will effectively juice all kinds of vegetables and fruits .
Assembly of the machine
The appliance consists of 5 parts that are really simple to put together and take apart:
- 1Place the strainer into the auto cleaning brush.
- 2Place the strainer + auto cleaning brush assembly into the bowl (align the red dot on the strainer with the red dot on the bowl).
- 3Insert the auger into the strainer.
- 4Assemble the hopper onto the strainer (align the arrow on the hopper with the red dot on the bowl).
- 5Assemble the top part put together in the previous steps onto the base, twist the bowl so that the hopper edge
is pointing to “close” sign.
- 6Place the juice cups under the spouts.
Using the Omega VRT 330 Juicer
- 1Plug in the juicer.
- 2There are 3 settings on the base: “On” starts the juicer, “Rev” is for the reverse function that you need to use only when something is stuck and needs to be unclogged. “Off” is the center position, this turns off the motor.
- 3Use well-washed, corked fruits and vegetables. Cut them into smaller pieces.
Twist the hopper to unlock by grabbing the two spouts. Make sure the arrow is aligned with the open sign before pulling off the bowl.
The order of disassembly is:
- 4Auto cleaning brush
Just rinse the parts thoroughly under running water. Use the brush to remove produce fiber from the holes of the strainer. Wipe the base with a slightly damp cloth then let it dry. The Omega Vert Juicer parts aren’t dishwasher safe, but clean up can be done in a few minutes.
User Reviews – Pros & Cons at a Glance
Here is a summary of the most important comments from user reviews on the Omega VRT 330 vertical auger juicer:
TIP: for better results when juicing softer fruits, juice them together with hard veggies: alternate feeding fruit pieces with vegetable chunks.
Omega Vert vs. Omega 8006
The Omega 8006 juicer is an improved version of the Omega 8003/8005 models. It is a horizontal design single-auger, two-stage juice extractor that does well all kinds of produce, including leafy veggies and wheatgrass.
According to users who tried both models, the Omega Vert extracts more juice from the same amount of produce and the juicing process can be done faster and more conveniently due to the the self feeding feature.
On the other hand, the Omega 8006 is easier to clean and it can perform several other tasks (mincing, grinding, pasta making, pureeing etc.) besides juicing.
Technical Features, Parts of the Omega VRT 330
Weight: cc. 11 lbs.
Feed chute size: 2.25″ x 1.25″
Where to Get Omega Vert Juicer Parts?
Should you need any parts (strainer, auger), contact the manufacturer or any of the major distributors of Omega Juicers, parts and accessories:
Omega Juicer Parts & Accessories
It is Recommended for…
those who are serious on juicing and want to enjoy full flavored, natural vegetable and fruit juices on a daily basis. It is easy to assemble, operate and clean, so using it regularly won’t be tedious.
The Vert does a good job of juicing leafy greens and wheatgrass, so if one wants an all-round machine that juices all kinds of produce from fruits to herbs then the Omega VRT 330 is a good choice.
It is a fairly costly unit, so make sure you consider your juicing preferences before deciding to buy. Read more Juicer Buying Tips and Information.