Upright, Single Gear Juice Machine
The Omega Vert Juicer is an upright single gear juice extractor made by Omega, a company well known for its high-quality, dependable juicing machines.
It is highly recommended for health-conscious juice enthusiasts who want to enjoy nutrient-rich, live juice of vegetables, including wheatgrass and leafy greens, at home without spending much time on the task.
Benefits – Low Speed Masticating Style Juice Machine
- Low RPM Juicer, Patented Low Speed Technology System – the Omega Vert uses a unique technology that allows slow, but very efficient juice extraction without heat build-up and with less oxidation.The powerful motor rotates the stone mill-like screw (auger) only at 80 RPM preventing overheating of juicer parts caused by mechanical friction.Due to the slower operation less air gets absorbed by the juice, resulting in less foam, and less chance of oxidation of nutrients.Unlike some other juicers, especially the high-speed centrifugal units (they work at cc. 3000-8000 RPM), the cold process of the Omega VRt 330 doesn’t destroy the vitamins, bioflavonoids, enzymes and other phytonutrients contained in produce, providing you with a very healthy juice that will be most beneficial to your body.
- Self-Feeding Design, Requires No Effort from the User – the produce goes down in the feed tube by force of gravity. The rotating auger will suck in the food pieces, starting to crush them to make pulp which is then squeezed to obtain the nutrient-rich liquid leaving behind dry pulp.
- A pusher comes with the appliance but it is needed only when you juice wheatgrass or green leaves. The Omega Vert juicer is ideal for elderly people who suffer from arthritis and cannot exert sufficient power some gear-type juicers require when feeding the produce.
- Strong Auger, Made of GE Ultem material (a kind of highly-resistant resin) – according to the manufacturer the auger of the Omega VRT 330 is 8 times tougher than a traditional melamine auger in other single auger juice machines. The hardness of the auger ensures long lifetime and allows for high level of crushing power.
- Automatic Wiping System – Easier Cleaning- this feature sounds good since it suggests some kind of auto-cleaning mechanism and that is exactly what the silicone wiping blade does with the juicing screen. It removes excess pulp from it ensuring higher juice volume with less effort. The most important advantage is however for many users, is that the screen, which is the trickiest part to get clean in every juicer, will contain less pulp, thus washing it will be more simple.
- Commercial-Grade 2 HP Motor – a single-phase induction type motor provides the power for rotating the auger. The motor is surprisingly silent unlike many similar juicers.
- Clogging Prevention – there’s a built-in Reverse feature to prevent back-up and clogging.
- Silent – many juicers are loud so it is wonderful news that the Omega Vert doesn’t make much noise when juicing.
- Space-Efficient, Vertical Design – the upright construction results in smaller footprint, so the unit will occupy less space on a kitchen counter.
- Dependable Machine, Solid Construction – the high quality of materials used and the precision engineering ensure that you get a durable appliance with the Omega Vert Juicer that will work without breaking down for many years.There is no 100% faultless product, so should a problem occur, a 10-year warranty length lets you have the juicer repaired without cost (Note: always check the terms of warranty).
- Price: cc. $320 – $350. The Omega Vert juice extractor is not a cheap juicer but its many benefits are worth the higher price.
- Warranty: 10 year. Omega is known for its long warranty periods (some models carry 15 year warranty) and the vertical model is no exception. Such long guarantee time is the proof of exceptional product quality.
How and What Does It Juice? – Dual-Stage Juicing, Higher Juice Yield
The VRT 330 juices in two steps:
- In the first step the slowly rotating screw grinds and chews the produce in a masticating process.
- In the second step the pulp produced in the first phase is pressed to separate juice from pulp. The masticating process breaks down the cell walls, making the vitamins, enzymes and other nutrients accessible and extractable. The result is fresh, natural juice with high nutritional value and rich taste.
The Omega Vert is likely to obtain at least 30% more juice from the same amount of produce than a centrifugal machine and some single auger juice extractors.
The Omega Vert comes with 2 juice screens: a finer (white) and a coarser (yellow) one for processing soft and harder produce.
Use the white screen with smaller holes if you want less pulp in your juice, and use the yellow screen with larger holes for a pulpier juice.
The Omega VERT VRT 330 juices
- leafy greens,
- wheatgrass, herbs and
It isn’t a multi-function machine, it doesn’t grind, mince or make nut butter like many single auger models, but it is a high performance juice extractor that will effectively juice all kinds of vegetables and fruits .
Assembly of the machine
The appliance consists of 5 parts that are really simple to put together and take apart:
- auto cleaning brush
- bowl with two spouts (one for the juice and the other for the pulp)
- Place the strainer into the auto cleaning brush.
- Place the strainer + auto cleaning brush assembly into the bowl (align the red dot on the strainer with the red dot on the bowl).
- Insert the auger into the strainer.
- Assemble the hopper onto the strainer (align the arrow on the hopper with the red dot on the bowl).
- Assemble the top part put together in the previous steps onto the base, twist the bowl so that the hopper edge
is pointing to “close” sign.
- Place the juice cups under the spouts.
Using the Omega VRT 330 Juicer
- Plug in the juicer.
- There are 3 settings on the base: “On” starts the juicer, “Rev” is for the reverse function that you need to use only when something is stuck and needs to be unclogged. “Off” is the center position, this turns off the motor.
- Use well-washed, corked fruits and vegetables. Cut them into smaller pieces.
Twist the hopper to unlock by grabbing the two spouts. Make sure the arrow is aligned with the open sign before pulling off the bowl.
The order of disassembly is:
- Auto cleaning brush
Just rinse the parts thoroughly under running water. Use the brush to remove produce fiber from the holes of the strainer. Wipe the base with a slightly damp cloth then let it dry. The Omega Vert Juicer parts aren’t dishwasher safe, but clean up can be done in a few minutes.
User Reviews – Pros & Cons at a Glance
Here is a summary of the most important comments from user reviews on the Omega VRT 330 vertical auger juicer:
- Fast juicing, auto feeding is great: the juicer just pulls in the food
- Delicious, full flavor juice - high juice quality
- Clean-up is quick, fewer parts to wash and the self-cleaning wipes makes cleaning of the strainers much easier
- Juices well vegetables and green leaves and firm fruits
- Small footprint, doesn’t require much counter space
- well-designed machine
- almost noiseless
- according to some users the pulp is a bit wet – compared to the Green Star juicer the pulp coming out of the Vert contains some juice: of course you can run it through one more time to extract every drop.
- not very good with softer fruits – it makes puree of them instead of juice
- juice is a bit pulpy – (it can be a pro for others who prefer some pulp in their juice)
- narrow feed chute – a mid-size apple has to be cut into more than quarters
- plastic part of the strainer can crack
TIP: for better results when juicing softer fruits, juice them together with hard veggies: alternate feeding fruit pieces with vegetable chunks.
Video on How the Omega Vert Works
Compare Omega Vert and Omega 8006 Juicers
Omega Vert vs. Omega 8006
The Omega 8006 juicer is an improved version of the Omega 8003/8005 models. It is a horizontal design single-auger, two-stage juice extractor that does well all kinds of produce, including leafy veggies and wheatgrass.
According to users who tried both models, the Omega Vert extracts more juice from the same amount of produce and the juicing process can be done faster and more conveniently due to the the self feeding feature.
On the other hand, the Omega 8006 is easier to clean and it can perform several other tasks (mincing, grinding, pasta making, pureeing etc.) besides juicing.
Technical Features, Parts of the Omega VRT 330
- Commercial-grade brushless motor equivalent of 2 horsepower, rotates the auger at 80 rpm
- GE Ultem Auger
- 2 juice screens: fine and coarse for juicing soft and hard produce
- two 50 oz. containers one for the juice and one for the pulp
- plastic pusher
- cleaning brush
- instruction manual
- Power requirements: 120 Volt/ 60 Hz
- Power consumption cc. 150 Watts
- UL and CUL approved – certified for household and commercial use
- Height: 15 3/4″
- Length: 9 4/5″
- Width: 6 4/5″
Weight: cc. 11 lbs.
Feed chute size: 2.25″ x 1.25″
Where to Get Omega Vert Juicer Parts?
Should you need any parts (strainer, auger), contact the manufacturer or any of the major distributors of Omega Juicers, parts and accessories:
It is Recommended for…
those who are serious on juicing and want to enjoy full flavored, natural vegetable and fruit juices on a daily basis. It is easy to assemble, operate and clean, so using it regularly won’t be tedious.
The Vert does a good job of juicing leafy greens and wheatgrass, so if one wants an all-round machine that juices all kinds of produce from fruits to herbs then the Omega VRT 330 is a good choice.
It is a fairly costly unit, so make sure you consider your juicing preferences before deciding to buy. Read more Juicer Buying Tips and Information.