Affordable, Good Quality Centrifugal Juice Extractors
Juice extractors by Waring Pro are good-looking machines that can process a wide range of fruits and vegetables to provide fresh, nutrient-filled juice drink for the whole family.
The company bought Acme, a manufacturer of top-quality juicers, and Acme models are now sold under the Waring Pro brand name.
Main Features and Benefits of Waring Pro Juicers
- Quick, Efficient juicing – Waring juicer machines are equipped with strong motors that run at high RPM. They juice fast a wide variety of produce: apples, citrus fruits, pears, carrots, beetroot, celery and other hard root-type veggies.
- Effortless Assembly and Disassembly – consisting only of a few parts you can put together the machine very quickly.
- Quick and Easy cleaning – Although the juicer parts aren’t dishwasher safe, clean up can be done in a couple of minutes. The stainless parts of Waring juicers don’t stain unlike other popular juicers made of plastic (e.g. Jack LaLanne’s Power Juicer).
- Fairly Long Warranty on Motor – the motor has 5-year warranty which is quite long since many other brands’ juice extractors come with shorter warranty period (1-3 years).
Overview of Models
The Juicerator is a powerful machine run by a 850-watt motor. The brushed stainless steel-black combo design lends a sleek contemporary look to this centrifugal fruit and vegetable juicer. Besides the nice look, it does the juicing job very well.
It has a wide feeding chute: the round feeder is 3 inches wide ensuring quick juicing. No need to chop up the produce into tiny pieces, only into half.
Although the wide feeding chute makes juicing whole apples, pears and oranges possible, we do not recommend doing it on regular basis because the whole, uncored produce puts a lot of strain on the motor and the blade.
Read a detailed review on the Waring Pro JEX450 Juicer.
Price: cc. $130 -$170
Although the Waring Pro JEX328 has half the motor power (400 Watts) of the Juicerator, it is still a better performing machine than some other similarly priced units (like the over-commercialized Power juicer by Jack LaLanne).
This model also has a wide feeding chute (3.5″) reducing preparation time to a minimum (you only have to wash the produce, and cut into half to remove the core in case of apples, pears).
Price: cc. $70 – $90.
PJE Series by Waring Pro – Professional Fruit & Vegetable juicers
The main parts of the Waring Pro PJE401 are made of high quality stainless steel (blade, mechanical parts, upper lid, and strainer). The base of the appliance is made of white polycarbonate.
The strong induction motor (550-Watt) ensures efficient, fairly silent, vibration-free operation. The PJE 401 model doesn’t empty the pulp automatically into separate bin but it lets it spin in the basket resulting in higher juice yield and drier pulp.
You can use disposable filters to reduce clean-up work and make pulp removal less messy. Price: $160 – $200
The other model in the PJE series is the PJE101. This model has all-white polycarbonate housing with stainless steel blade. The Waring PJE101 juice extractor sells for around $180.
The Waring Pro Professional Citrus Juicer, (Models PCJ201 and PCJ218) is powered by a 250-Watt motor.The PCJ 201 model is an all-white unit with polycarbonate housing while the PCJ218 has a stainless steel base.
The reamer is designed in a way that it can cope well with all sizes of citrus fruits, from small limes to large oranges and grapefruits. Price range: $85 – $120.
The Waring JC4000 Citrus Juicer is a powerful, commercial-grade (UL and NSF approved) citrus juicers that operates at 1800 RPM. Price range: $535 – $600.
The Waring Commercial Citrus Juicer (Model BJ120C) is a compact-size bar juicer that takes up little space on the counter. Operated by a strong direct drive motor, it can juice up to 120 oranges per hour.
Price range: cc. $130 – $195.
Waring 6001 Commercial Juicer machine, Price range: $185 – $490.
Recommended Reading & Similar Juicers
- Dedicated Citrus Juicers – hand-picked list of good-value citrus juice makers (manual and electric models).
- Acme Juicers – well-made, rugged centrifugal-style machines known for reliability and ease of use. Includes Models 5001, 6001 and 7001.
- Juiceman JM400 Juicer – run by a 700-Watt motor and with automaatic pulp removal this isa good-value centrifugal juicing machine.
- Centrifugal Juice Extractors – Review of features, benefits. Includes some good-value brands and models.
- Breville Juicers – Breville makes elegant and high-quality centrifugal juice extractors and citrus presses.
- Black & Decker Juicers – Great budget juicers for making fresh citrus juice. B & D also offers centrifugal fruits and vegetable juice extractors.
- Jack LaLanne’s Power Juicer – Is it really that good a juicer machine than shown on TV?
- L’Equip Juicer Machines – good-value juicers with wide feeding chute and compact size.